From 1812 to 1885, New Hope Church was a log structure and was located on a different tract of land on Coles Ferry Pike. During the 1880’s the church experienced growth to the extent more space was needed and a new white frame building was erected on the current property purchased on Coles Ferry Pike.
Back when the church was located further north on Coles Ferry Pike, there was a cemetery next to it, which survives today, and thanks to the efforts of Elder Royce Jackson primarily, and others, it is maintained and still open and able to accept burials.
There are over two hundred grave sites that are known, many with historical markers still intact. Some of these markers date to the early 19th century. Click on the links below for some genealogical information about who is laid to rest there…
Members of the church and immediate family, by a long-ago ruling of the church session, may acquire at no charge a burial plot at the New Hope Cemetery. Please contact the pastor or Elder Jackson if this arrangement might be of interest to you.